What is FATA?

What is FATA?
Basically it's FA (fundamental analysis) and TA (technical analysis) combined. Thus, this is essentially an investment/trading workshop. To me, the difference between investing and trading, is essentially the time frame you looking at. Investment is generally looking at years in which profits may not be visible at all for a number of years. Whereas trading is more for a short-term, be it intra-day to a couple of weeks.

As such, my workshop aims to educate people on the fundamentals of buying a company stock, be it for investment or trading on news, as well as TA based on charts to determine possible entry and exit points.

Disclaimer: The aim of the workshop is to help participants make informed and educated decisions when it comes to investing. It does not aim to sell you a "trading system" which guarantees money will be made right from the start. However, it should have the effect of reducing losses made based on poor decisions from punting as well as hopefully, ultimately reaping rewards in the long run.

*Do note that the workshops are not conducted free and a nominal fee is being collected.
The price of the workshop may vary in future based on popularity.

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Workshops for December wrap up

I was great to be able to meet up with people in different stages of their investing/trading journey. A total of (8+6) attendees for both workshops in December. This is good as my intention was to keep the group small for discussion and sharing. I wanted it to be more interactive rather than simply listening to me "teach".

So far, the venues have not been exactly ideal for learning but considering the low fees I'm collecting, I got positive feedback that attendees have learned much and is well worth the small fee that I collected.

However, I do realize that it's quite tiring to just keep talking for 3hours+ and that generally people have difficulties listening for long periods of time. As such, I'm considering some changes to the workshop. Probably to split it into half, being FA and TA separately.

I am also considering a better venue but that would mean I would have to raise the cost and consider increasing the "class" size.

Overall, there's much to be thankful for and much planning to be made for 2015.

PS: I have also just started my weekly newsletter subscription which most of my attendees have signed up for. I collected a small fee and may consider extending to non-participants. Hopefully this will be beneficial to all my readers/students.

No comments:

Post a Comment